This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosures for more info.
What is Swagbucks?
Swagbucks is a shopping site/search engine that allows you to earn Swagbucks (SB for short) for your activities. There are a ton of ways to earn on this site. As a disclaimer, some of them require you buy things, or give them your email address, etc. I do not personally participate in most of those. As with anything online, please use your own judgement as to what info you want to provide. I have been a member of Swagbucks for a long time, but I haven’t always used it to its fullest potential. Now I’m earning on it like never before, and I want to help you do the same.
How do I get started?
Go here and sign up! There are mobile apps for Swagbucks, but I recommend signing in from a computer to perform most of your tasks. From there you will be taken to your dashboard. Here is where it can get confusing because there is a lot going on, and it can be overwhelming. Not to worry, I’ll give you everything you need to know!
Along the top of your screen you will see a toolbar. Let’s take a look at the different tools.
The Search Box works just like any other search engine, except that you can be awarded SB just for searching! When you win SB a box will appear at the top of your search results letting you know how many you’ve won. You need to enter a code that appears to claim them. Not every search results in a win, but many do, and sometimes you can win a lot!
Next is the Swag Code box. This is where you can enter codes that you can find on the SB social media channels, or from their Swag Button (more on that in a moment). Basically, if they tell you to enter a code in the Swag Code box, this is where you put it. Just hover over the button, enter the code, and click Redeem.
Next is the Daily Goal which I have expanded to explain a bit more. Every day your Daily Goal is a different number of SB. You have two daily goals, but the second one doesn’t appear until you hit the first one. So in this example you can see that my Daily Goal is 50, and if I hit it, I will get a 5 SB bonus. Once I hit it, my new goal will appear. The second goal is generally a lot higher than the first. If you hit your goal every day you can get a winning streak which results in even more bonuses. You can view your streak by clicking on the shortcut. Here you can also see a July Bonus box. This shows up at the beginning of a new month. Just click it, and get your bonus.
Next up is Refer & Earn which is pretty self explanatory. You can refer people to SB using your personal link, and when you do, you get 10% of what they earn (no impact to them) for life. Active referrals can mean you earn a lot more, but they are not required. I don’t have any active referrals right now, and I’m still doing very well here.
You Inbox will have offers in it every day that can earn you a variety of SB amounts. I tend to only do the smaller amounts because they are quick and don’t require any info.
Next is your account. This shows your current SB balance, and if you hover over it, you can access your account information. You can click your total at any time to refresh it.
OK, now how do I earn?
There are a ton of ways to earn SB here. I don’t do them all, so my earnings are going to be lower than someone who wants to devote more time. But here is what I do daily.
Install the Swag Button. The Swag Button is a Chrome extension that is very helpful if you want to get the most out of Swagbucks. If you visit a site that offers Swagbucks for shopping with them, a blue bar will appear at the top of your screen showing you how much you can get in “cash back” for every dollar you spend. Just click Activate, and you’ll earn based on your purchases. The Swag Button will also alert you to surveys, and tell you where Swag Codes are located. Sometimes it even offers special Swag Codes that must be entered in the Swag Button box. It’s a very helpful tool and I’m glad I installed it.
The Daily To Do List is on the left side of your Dashboard and has daily activities you can complete. If you do them all you get a bonus!
- Daily Poll – Just click it, and answer the poll question for 1 SB.
- Daily Crave – This one is 2-3 short videos that you can let play until the buttons at the top change. Then you can say if you liked it, or if it wasn’t for you and it will load the next video. After the last video wait for a box to appear stating you have completed the activity for 1 SB.
- Daily Search – Just visit this one and it will check it off your list, but do a search and you could win some SB.
- Daily Watch – SB vary depending on which playlist you watch. Just click one and let it play.
- Daily Discover – This is usually the one I skip, but you can get a variety of SB depending on the offer you complete.
- Attempt a Gold Survey – Attempt any survey to check it off the list. You will get 1 SB minimum, but maybe more depending on the survey.
- Deal of the Day – The amount of SB and offer change daily. Just click through, you don’t have to redeem the offer.
- Complete a Gold Survey – Click on this link and complete one of the surveys available to you.
If I have extra time I may answer a few surveys, or watch some videos to earn more SB. Your potential depends on how much you want to do.
The mobile apps are where I make the bulk of my SB. Yes, it will mean adding more apps to your phone, so this may not be for everyone. There are also certain apps that may not be available to you depending on what type of phone you use. You can check here to see which work on your phone. Each app will give you a maximum of 10 SB per day. Some of them will give you a bonus after your first 10. You’ll be notified on screen when you have hit your daily limit, and if you are awarded a bonus for watching more videos. Each app is different as to how many times you must watch the video before you are awarded any SB. Also please note that you’re going to use phone data while doing this, so be sure you are connected to Wifi, or have an unlimited plan! I don’t want you made at me if your phone bill gets huge!
- Swagbucks tv: Go to the Home and Garden section, and find a 10 Second Tip video. Swipe or hold on the video (depends on your device) to add it to your Favorites. The go to your favorites, and play it from there. It will play on a loop until you hit your limit. I set it, mute my phone, and let it run.
- Entertainow: Same thing here, only go to TV Spots, and favorite Touch since it is the shortest.
- Moviecli.ps: Here I use “The Other Woman” (woman is wearing a hat).
- Sportly.tv: I have “How to Do a Hand Walk-Up” selected here but there may be a shorter video.
- Indymusic.tv: I have Dan Curry Leper Hockey Game under Short Clips favorited here.
- Lifestylz.tv: Go to Home and Garden and find a 10 Second Tip for this one.
That sounds like a lot. But I just set them and forget them for the most part. I glance over to see if I’ve hit my limit, and then move on to the next app when I have. If you’re phone is just sitting for most of the day like mine is, this is a very easy way to earn.
So what do I do with SB?
There are a lot of things you can redeem your SB for. They offer a ton of different gift cards for places like Amazon, Kohls, Wal-Mart, and so many more. You can also redeem them for PayPal cash. I personally prefer the cash, or Amazon gift cards, but look around and see what will help you the most. Also check at the beginning of the month because they often put gift cards on sale at that time. Make sure to redeem in advance of when you want to use the gift card because the process takes a little bit. Don’t wait until the day you need the gift card or cash.
So, there you have it, that’s how I earn money using Swagbucks. This is just the tip of the iceberg really. There are people making even more than I am, so it totally depends on how much time you are willing to invest.
Do you use Swagbucks? How do you earn?